Monday 6 June 2016

The Way Out




I’m going to be brutally honest here — so honest that I’m actually afraid to type this.
I don’t have a clue what I’m doing.
My dream, like a lot of people, is to build a business. I have a ton of ideas, great “million-dollar” ideas if you ask me, but I don’t have the first clue of how to bring these ideas into reality.
So I get the frustration so many people feel with dieting because I feel it with business. It’s really hard for me to admit because I am (we are) hard wired to not show weakness; we never let others know that we are struggling. At least in the fitness industry, that’s the way.  Photoshop and stage everything. “Fake it until you make it.”

SCREW THAT!
But you know what I do know? Diet and training. I know exactly what to do and why they work and what type of sacrifice is required. The certainty that I feel with my diet and training has to translate if I’m going to be successful in anything. I am working on convincing myself that as long as I work hard and learn from my failures, I will get to my destination. I will be successful.
I’ve already “failed” at a couple businesses, but the real key to success is that I don’t really see them as failures. I can go back and outline very specific things that I did wrong or should have done differently. I learned. They were expensive mistakes, but I learned, and as long as I don’t make them again, I did not fail. I am simply moving closer to my end result.
It’s all mindset. Look at the most successful people in the world, and you will see an overwhelming amount of ownership — ownership of emotions, ownership of outcomes, and ownership of successes and failures.
Don’t make excuses; excuses are not the path to success. We are living in a very abundant time and there is no excuse to be unhappy or unfulfilled. Mindset: this is the key to success. Know that you can be everything you dream. Know that it is inevitable. Try not to get caught up in negativity and when you do, pull yourself out as quickly as possible.
Be the best version of you that you can imagine. Construct the perfect you, then ask yourself: what would that person do? How would they respond to adversity? Actively try to put yourself in that person’s shoes until you naturally become that person. When that happens, YOU WIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment